Our team is able to provide professional engineering services including:
- Consulting Services
- Project Engineering Services
- Automation and SCADA
- Electrical Engineering
- MES and Industrial IT
- On Site Services
- Operations Support
- Personnel and Support Staff
Machine safety is centred on a simple premise – Ensuring people are safely able to contribute to the organisation’s goals. Keeping people safe while using plant and equipment can be
as simple as an appropriate barrier between your workers and the equipment. Today’s machines that use complex control systems, push the boundaries of manufacturing and require safety to be engineered from the design stage rather than being an after thought. Even with simple guarding requirements, what is deemed to be a reasonably practicable solution?
Electro 80 is an established national organisation that can help you move forward with your machine guarding requirements and continue to support you through our people focused engineering rather than product based solutions. Our engineers have experience in functional safety, machine safety, work health and safety, control systems and mechanical guarding We listen to your needs and
drawing on our significant resources, can develop machine guarding solutions that are customised to your specific needs.
While Electro 80 does have industry alliances, our diverse team has experience with many control system vendors, therefore any safety control system will be designed to be best in class. Should your organisation have a preferred vendor we are happy top work to your standard and if you are open to alternatives, our diverse experience will help you discover alternate solutions.
Many organisations find assessing risk of plant and equipment challenging. Electro 80 can simplify the process of risk assessment (AS4024.1201:2014 or ISO 12100-1:2010) by assisting your
organisation understand risk requirements, how to meet legislative obligations and how much risk reduction is enough. Electro 80 can do this through:
- Performing risk assessments of your
- General plant assessments – providing general baseline helping your
organisation to manage risk wisely.
- Leading or providing expert advice to your own risk assessments
While Electro 80 has a focus on safety control systems through AS4042.1501 and AS4024.1503, we recognise that some plant and equipment can be safely managed through fixed guarding AS4024.1601. Our engineers can provide guidance on:
- Determining if fixed guarding is appropriate; Considering harmonised
- Selecting the correct size fixed guarding for your existing machines or new
It is important that the engineering of machinery results in a plant that is inherently safe. This requirement is a national initiative of Safe Work Australia. Electro 80 can help your organisation with its due diligence throughout the design process. Machine safety is evolving, with newer and evolving European standards having growing influence on local standards.
- Design of safety control systems, including electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic (AS4024.1501 and AS4024.1503)
- Design reviews of safety systems
- Retrofitted Design Concepts
During the design of your machine, it is important to consider how it will be tested to ensure it is safe and more importantly remains safe throughout its life. This is highlighted through legislative requirements Verification and validation of the safety related parts of the machine, through AS 4024.1502 is a critical consideration. If your company has not considered the validation process, Electro 80 can provide assistance in this area.
- Validation plans for new machines
- Validation plans for re-manufactured machines
- Validation audits of complex equipment ensuring the safety control system operates as designed
Our approach is to work with our clients to become an extension of their Project team. This is achieved by assigning a team of engineers as our “Client Specific Projects” group (our first option for any of our client’s projects); the project will therefore be able to benefit from experiences gained via on-going involvement with site specific projects requirements.
We believe that our company level of industry knowledge and systems expertise, together with our long term partnering approach is very much unique and continues to ensure consistent, higher than expected, client satisfaction with Electro 80 implemented projects.
The Safety Alliance Partnership with Schneider will allow Electro 80’s team of TÜV certified Functional Safety Engineers, to leverage proven Triconex SIS platform to deliver best in class safety solutions to the following applications and industries:
Emergency Shutdown (ESD) ESD applications will be targeted in the:
- Oil & Gas industry.
- Gas Transmission Pipeline industry.
- Gas Storage industry.
- Chemical industry.
- Power Generation industry.
- Process Plants Chemical, Explosive & Refining
- Tank Farms (Chemical & Fuel)
Burner Management Systems (BMS) BMS applications:
- Skid Manufacturers.
- Kiln firing.
- Hot Oil Heaters
- Flare Stacks
- Industrial Incinerators
- Steam Generators
- Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG)
- Gas Turbines TMC
- NPFA 85 & AS 3814 Compliance
Fire and Gas (F&G)
- Onshore and offshore Oil & Gas industries.
- Fire Suppression systems, Critical Infrastructure, Power Stations, remote unmanned Compressor Stations
High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS)
- Gas Storage
- Sub Sea umbilical
- Process Safety health check
- HAZOP, CHAZOP Facilitation
- SIL Workshops
- Safety Requirement Specification SRS
- Safety Functional Description
- Safety Design Validation
- Safety Design Verification
- Hazardous Area Certification
- Corporate Risk Matrix development
- AS3814 Type B gas Inspection
Electro 80 personnel have been supplying automation and control and electrical engineering services and turn key systems to power generation, distribution and transmission industries for over 30 years.
Our Electrical and Utilities teams are made up of a team of experienced professional engineers backed with specialised training for the industry including:
- Engineers certified for EEHA (UTE NES-215a, 609A 610A & 707A) endorsed for Ex d, Ex e, Ex i , Ex n, Ex p and Ex mixed.
- TÜV Certified functional safety engineers (IEC61508/IEC61511)
- Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus Certified Technical Specialists
- Modbus and DNP 3, IEC 61850 certification
- Power systems analysis (inc fault studies, loadflow, harmonics, etc)
- Digital powerline carrier systems
- Safety & Risk analysis, HAZOP, facilitation, training, safety case studies
- Project Management Institute certified Project Managers
- Architecture and integration of process control, protection metering, SCADA, metering and telemetry systems.
The key performance driver of any Industrial IT solution is the communication layer and network infrastructure. Industry Ethernet forms the basis of any plant automation and control system and can determine whether your automation and control system can meet the growing needs of your business.
The core components of an Industrial Ethernet network are:
- Network Switches, Routers and Firewalls
- Network Redundancy and Robustness
- Wireless links for remote or mobile plant and equipment
- Multiple Services converged on to a single network capable of transporting Inter PLC communication, SCADA/HMI, CCTV and VoIP applications.
- Convergence has allowed the production network to take advantage of technologies that have been available to office networks and are now well proven.
- Quality of those Services carried on the network
We are able to provide complete turnkey solutions encompassing the design and support of equipment, through to installation and commissioning, to operations support and training.
Automation and SCADA
- Automation and control systems architectural design,
- application engineering and supply
- SCADA systems engineering and supply
Electrical & Instrumentation
- Plant Electrical Design
- Electrical engineering
- Electrical drafting / CAD Drafting Services
- Electrical, MCC and Control Systems cabinets –
- design and supply
- Instrument selection, data sheets and hookup
- design and drafting
MES and Industrial IT
- Industrial networking systems –
- consulting services, design and supply
- Production Reporting Systems,
- Industrial Information Management solutions
Oil Field Technologies
- RTU and flow metering systems
- Hazardous area solar power supply systems
- Project Management
- Site installation and supervision
- Turn key Project Engineering
- Specialist consultancy engineering services
Project Life Cycle Report
- from requirements review through to conceptual design,
- project costing, development, deployment, commissioning,
- training, and on going support.